Donating Fire Equipment & Training Supplies
We ship fire equipment, medical supplies & mission supplies to areas we are working in Africa. We accept personal protective equipment in clean and serviceable condition. We seek to serve our fellow firefighters with this equipment. Please consider the firefighters you will be impacting when making your donation of clean and serviceable equipment - some donations may be declined. Please complete the form below and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Items we do not accept:
- Dirty or well worn bunker coats, pants, gloves, boots, helmets, hoods
- Haz Mat PPE
- Outdated books
- VHS and cassette materials which are unable to be accessed in Africa.
- Medical Equipment & Supplies (contact our partner at FAME to donate: https://www.fameworld.org)
- Please make arrangements to ship or bring items to our storage facility in Cincinnati, Ohio or Prince George’s County, Maryland. We do not have regular hours at these locations. We will arrange for one of our volunteers to meet you at the storage facility to receive the gear.
- We ask that personal protective equipment be cleaned prior to donation and be in serviceable condition. We request that boots and gloves be cleaned and matched prior to donation.
- AFM periodically arranges pick up of equipment. Please contact us regarding quantity of your equipment & feasibility of arranging pick up at your fire station by our volunteers. (as of June 1, 2018 we are temporarily unable to pick up equipment from you. Please make arrangments to bring equipment to us).